My doctors have been using 44360-44378 and adding a -22 modifier to show it was a longer than normal procedure. We had actually contacted another gastroenterologist office in Austin, TX that did them and they informed me they were billing the same way. The main problem is, we are not seeing the reimbursement for the -22 modifier even though I am sending the medical records in with the claim (faxing to Medicare).
If there is a better/more accurate code, this would be great to know!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join