As per my knowledge,first of all, the CPT code 76856 is for nonobstetrical U/S.- complete or partial , other than the gestational, meaning mostly gynecological. The bleeding is not from gynec origin but it is associated with pregnancy less than 22weeks of pregnancy,which again is against assigning for 76856.
missed abortion CPT code has got to go with 7680x- 7681x series.
Can you give much more details as regards to weeks of gestation for the case under study,
and a brief history and the the documented diagnoses, physical examination findings as to the status of cervix etc,to help this out?
as such, the diagnoses codes 632 and 640.0x would appropriate for the scenerio.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join