Surgically, Vaginal Hysterectomy procedure includes anterior and posterior colporrhaphy and perineorrhaphy. No vaginal hysterectomy is complete without repairing pelvic floor; Pelvic floor Repair means anterior, posterior colporrhaphy and perineorrhaphy.
So in coding also, I feel that the anterior and posterior colporrhaphy are bundled with the Vaginal hysterectomy. The perineorrhaphy is always included when posterior colporrhaphy is undertaken.
So, vaginal hysterectomy code (as per the uterine wt) would suffice.
Watch out if there was removal of tube(s) and/or ovary(s) , OR, there was enterocele which needed repair ; then there is a another code for defining them.
Hope this helps to assign the appropriate code.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join