I do not believe that templating is wrong. However, I think you need to be careful. You want to make sure you are only documenting work performed. Also the document needs to meet medical necessity. You wouldn't want your template to be used to "beef" up the documentation so you can bill a higher level of service. I don't think you are wanting to do that; you just want to streamline your work. That's a good thing! I just wanted to share a couple of potential pitfalls to help you make your decision.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join