I don't think you can bill for the diagnostic radiological exam along with the fluoroscopy. What is it the physician is doing that you would want to bill 72040? When they are performing an LESI (62311) with fluoro, you would just bill 62311 and 77003 (26 modifier). I have done pain management billing and coding for thirteen years and have never came across a situation where the 72040 would come up. I am curious. The xray intensifier should be included in 77003. Let me know what you think!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join