There is a lot of missing information in that scenario. Was the patient seen that day as well and the doc followed up with a discussion with the parents? Was it simply a couseling session? What exactly was discussed? There are a lot of variables here. If it's an est pt ov and the pt was seen as well that day, I would consider coding based on time (99211-99215) if the doc spent a min of 50% of the visit on counseling/coordination of care. Codes +99358 and +99359 might also be appropriate if the pt was seen in addition to the encounter with the parents.
That's all I could think of at the moment with the information given.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join