According to the CMS.Gov website for Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services:
For hospital based services (inpatient/outpatient), it is expected that there should be an order for the 3D image.
In the absence of the order for the 3D image, if the hospital?s interpreting physician deems that the 3D
interpretation is needed; he or she should clearly state in the interpretation the medical necessity for this
separate service, in addition to the base procedure.
Three-dimensional imaging will not be covered when performed based on internal protocols of the testing facility;
a referral for one 3D imaging is not a blanket referral for all studies. In most cases, it is expected that the
provider treating the patient specifically orders the procedure in writing and that the order should be on record
for each 3D imaging performed
But for an Outside film these are not done here. Only read.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join