medicare

1. Default medicare
    Medical Coding Books
    Could you help me with this please. Are medicare gyn exams paid for every year now. If so is there no longer need for abn and ga modifier? Medicare rules as of jan 1,2011 are somewhat confusing.
    Thanks

Attached is the MLN Matters Article stating what has to be included in the new Annual Wellness Visit and GYN stuff is not included in this material. This brings up a good point... sorry could not be of more help!

I have attached a link to a MLN matters and it does say that Pelvic exam/screenings are covered.

http://www.cms.gov/MLNMattersArticle...ads/MM7012.pdf

I'm not sure about the modifier though.
    AWest

The NCD still states that Screening pap and pelvic are covered every two years. The MLN shows what services are covered but does not state a time frame. As far as the GA modifier you still need that if an ABN is signed.

There is anoter thread talking about this subject and others annual exams, its under new posts.

The only other information I can find is the Transmittal:

http://www.cms.gov/Transmittals/downloads/R739OTN.pdf

and the Medicare website for patients says they are covered either every year or every two years, depending on the risk.

http://www.medicare.gov/navigation/m...screening.aspx
    AWest