I'll wager an opinion here.
You will probaly get various opinions here. Some might say that the reading is included in the test, and others will say that 99211 is appropriate for the reading.
I think 99211 could be reported here for the reading. I am basing my opinion here on a couple of factors. First of all, in Appendix C-Clinical Examples, in the back of the CPT manual, there is an example of 99211, that shows a patient (established) presenting to the clinic for the reading of the TB test. The CPT manual states 99211 is correct to report here.
Also, there is a CPT Assistant that states that if the TB reading is the only service being performed, 99211 is correct to report.
Others may see this differently, but this is my opinion.
Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join