I'll wager an opinion here.
I am not aware of any V code for a B12 injection. The correct ICD-9-CM code you use will be what condtion the patient has that you have to administer the B12 injection (i.e., pernicious anemia, etc).
I used to work in the home health realm and my understanding has always been (unless things have changed and someone please correct me if they have), that CMS and most payers won't reimburse for a B12 injection unless the diagnosis is pernicious anemia.
Hope this helps and again this is my opinion.
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join