if the patient presents for a scheduled visit, then the nurse may tend to that patient and bill in this case a 36415, however if the patent expresses symptoms or complaints, then this is not scheduled and does not followed a prescribed plan of care and cannot be attended to by the nurse only. The provider will need to examine the patient and document the encounter. It is out of the scope of practice and responsiblities for an RN to examine and treat the patient without the physician having first seen the patient and written the plan of care for a followup encounter.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join