*sigh* This is one of those times when the rules and I tend to disagree, get into a heated argument and maybe even come to blows. Technically, you're right. The documentation says vascular wounds and you should code vascular wounds 904.9 even though you know it's not right. Do you have access to any other medical records? Maybe even a contact in an allied provider's office like pathology or radiology? Even better if you could talk to the doctor him/herself.
I think my decision on how to code this would depend on the service I was billing for and any other info I could scrape up. I belive the docs would document better if they knew how many sleepless nights they were causing. Then again, amybe not.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join