You might want to look at the CC Guidelines preceeding the codes in the CPT Manual. I would need to see the record, but it's unlikely to me that holding a patient for 28 hours even if intubated until the weather is better is 28 hours of CC. Was there some intervention to prevent the " high probability of immient or life threatening deterioration"? This looks more like an Observation scenario with maybe some CC at the beginning. But 28 hours is unlikely but not impossibe.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join