So I have been coding eye clinic for 4 months now and when coding diabetes with PDR and macular edema I code: 250.50,362.02,362.07. The problem is that when I code E/M 's with unscheduled Focals I usually copy all three ICD-9 codes for both the E/M service and the Focal. I know I should be matching CPT's with ICD-9's but how do I split up the 3 codes? They are related and it will kick out a denial if the macular edema code is all by itself on the same line with the Focal code. Does this make any sense to anyone?
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join