Did the provider perform adjacent skin transfer along with the excisions? If that is the case, then I would say 11421 @ 5 units. This section of codes does not require that you add the diameters together. According to the AMA 2010 CPT, you "Report seperately each benign lesion excised."
The other scenario would be simple, intermediate, or complex closure excision of the benign lesions. In this case you would code 11401 @ 5 units because no "adjacent tissue transfer" was performed in conjunction.
Can't wait to hear what everyone else has to say!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join