I hope someone can give me some insight on this. My provider submits his inpatient billing to me for several days at a time, all with the same diagnoses. I enter these different dates on different lines on the same claim. In the past, I entered the first line with the diagnoses (be it one, two, three or four), the system then would populate the subsequent lines with the same diagnoses. We now have a new compliance department who has changed this feature in our billing system and I now have to enter each diagnosis on each line, even thought they are all the same. They have referred us to the ICD-9-CM Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting to explain this change. I have read, re-read, and re-read again this guidline and I cannot find this in writing anywhere. Can somebody point me in the right direction? Thank you
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join