BEFORE you code from the musculoskeletal section, the tumor/cyst/mass/growth must be located BENEATH the subq tissues, and in the deep soft tissues, below the fascial plane or within the muscle. (highlighted info from Encoder Pro lay description of 27327).
I would think that most of the time, dermatologists do not perform procedures this far into the soft tissue.
If you are using the CPT codes from the musculoskeletal section, you do NOT code the wound repair separately.
Hope that helps.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join