The visit needs to be incident to if you are billing out under the physician number, the physician must have examined the patient in a prior visit for the same dx and have a plan of care in the medical record that states the patient is to follow up. If this is not a follow up visit then it cannot be billed under the physician number. many payer reps may tell you on the phone that they do not credential the NP but that that does not equate to "bill under the pysician number. If the payer tells you to do this you do need to obtain this policy from them in writing.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join