I wouldn't look at the taxonomy codes to identify different specialties. I would look closer at why/what the pt is being referred for.
This issue is most likely better addressed by the Oncologist - due to a specific component of the patient's condition. This is a different specialty regardless of taxonomy code or tax ID number. This also includes the (cardio)thoracic surgeon.
Keep in mind of course, the issue/condition should be related to the surgeon's/physician's field of expertise.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join