The lower extremities "starts" from the hip joints downward. It includes the hip joint, femur, knee joint, tibia-fibula, ankle joint, foot, metacarpal joints. Sometimes doctors refer to the upper leg or lower leg. Upper leg starts right above the knee joint and the lower leg stars from the knee joint downward. To directly answer your question; lower extremity=foot and leg.
Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join