If the services are provided in an outpatient clinic which is what this sounds like, then physician submits a claim with POS 22 and the facility sumbits a claim with a 510 rev center. The physician may bill for an E&M service and so may the facility. It is very legal, in theory if you combine both bills it should equal that of a physician office POS 11 claim. with a POS 22 the provider does not recoup for overhead expenses such as the physical site and the nursing staff and the drugs and supplies, that is the facilities.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join