If you are coding a 2 or more level ACDF and are needing to use the cpt code 22851, is it OK to code it as 22851 and then again using the -59 modifier for each additional level? Or is this a CPT where we are only allowed to use this once per case? I have always coded it using the -59 modifier for each additional level. And actually have attended an AANS conference where they suggested this as well. But it was recently brought to my attn that I have been coding this incorrectly. Just would like to get some additional feedback. Thanks for your help.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join