You should be familiar with each of your contracted carriers timely filing and if you are not you should be able to find them outlined on the carrier's website. Each carrier has different times and is not safe to assume that it is always a year. If unsure, I would definately say it is always worth the effort to do an appeal supported with proper documentation and let the carrier advise you what they expect. At the same time you will have documentation to support your write-off for future reference. Good luck!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join