I code Surgical Patholog and Cytology (amongst others) and I use Dennis L. Padget's "Specimen to Charge Rapid Finder List", and Padget's pdf manual "Medical Service, Procedure and Diagnosis Reporting Policies and Practices for the Pathology Profession" (which is in pdf form).
Start with the Rapid Finder List - you can find very helpful versions of it on the internet that other institutions have modified and used for their departments
The pdf manual is something I think you need to pay to download, but I don't know much beyond that (my work already had this when I got here). The information in this pdf file has been invaluable to me! It includes guidelines for surg path, cytology, dermatology and more.
I have not tried CSI Navigator so can't help you there.
I hope this helps!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join