AAPC - Back to school

Thread: A9502

Barren River Kentucky Chapter

Default A9502

AAPC: Back to School
    The new thing where we are having to name the drug, dosage administered and invoice price I have some questions on,

we use Technetium and I understand the Technetium TC-99 part
    but not sure what to put in for the dosage the example I got from medicare stated 50ml but we use 10mC at rest and 30mC during exercise. so how would i put this and
    the amount part where do I get that from? Also it states that will always be reported as one on the claim line however we use 2 doses so I am so confused, help please

I bill off the invoice we receive from our supplier. I double the amount because we also use two doses- stress and rest- and I document in the narrative section the total dollar amount for cpt A0502. I do not know why Medicare wants it listed as quantity one because the rest dose is separate from the stress dose? I have given up on trying to figure out their craziness! Pam

Similar Threads

1. A9502 with 93015 and 78452
    By decus1956 in forum Pathology & Clinical Laboratory
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-26-2015, 12:14 PM
  2. A9502
    By bcevans36 in forum Cardiology
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-16-2014, 11:59 AM
  3. Code A9502
    By Twixle2002 in forum Cardiology
    Replies: 0