Stage 1 we do in office and bill 64581; Stage 2 done in hospital and bill 64590-58 and 95972. If all done in one day 64581, 64590 and 95972 cpt code 76000 or 77002 may be used for flouroscopy. Covered diagnosis codes are 788.21, 788.41, 788.31 or 788.20. Keep in mind there are certain policy requirements for each insurance example medicare requires pt have symptoms for at least one year and presents limitation in patient's activities, conservative methods have failed, tried at least 2 drugs and have failied for retention patients catherterization is not tolerated or has failed and for all patients a test must be performed with at least 50% improvement in symptoms to have the stage 2. Very important to know what each insurance company requires.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join