Using Medicare's guidelines for the use of 99211, services must reasonable and necessary for the diagnosis or treatment of an illness or injury. Their website indicates "the evaluation portion of code 99211 is substatiated when the record includes documenatation of a clinically relevant and necessary exchange of information (historial information and/or physcial data) between the provider and the patient. The management portion of code 99211 is substantiated when the record demostrates influence by the service of patient care (medical decision-making,, provision of patient education, etc.)." Therefore, in your scenario 99211 would not be billable. Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join