AAPC - Back to school

Thread: First Set Of Triplets

Default First Set Of Triplets

AAPC: Back to School
    Need some help in billing our first set of triplets. Of course they were delivered by C-Section. Help with both CPT and ICD-9, dont' want to get this wrong. Global C-section 59510. I just want to make sure I place my modifiers correct also.

Thanks so much for the help from all!

Default Billing Triplets

Hi Julie,
    Whether the patient delivered by c-section, twins, trips, quads, etc, you will only be able to bill 59510 one time. Make sure you use the correct ICD-9-CM code for triplets. Keep in mind that you may be able to add a 22 modifier to the 59510 if the c-section was very difficult (must be documented) and/or if she had more than 13 pre-natal visits. Make sure you have the documentation to back the 22 modifier, and if you use it, write a letter to the insurance regarding why the 22 modifier is warranted. Good Luck!
    Becky Tucker

I would bill 59510 also with v27.5 for multiple live births
    not sure about 22 mod as he had to be there anyway. Depends on circumstance.

Similar Threads

1. Coding Tri/Tri Triplets ICD 10
    By crawfordbo14@ecu.edu in forum OB/GYN
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-02-2015, 12:39 PM
  2. ICD-10 Tri/Tri Triplets
    By whitech@ecu.edu in forum ICD-10
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-07-2015, 07:14 AM
  3. coding for triplets
    By crevoet in forum OB/GYN
    Replies: 4