They should be getting the PA credentialed with the insurance carriers. Most carriers with the exception of the one's listed below require the PA or NP to be credentialed and then any services performed billed under the PA or NP.
OSMA, OK Health Network, Multiplan/PHCS, Humana, GEHA, Community Care, Cigna, Beechstreet, Aetna. The carriers I just listed allow services to be billed under the supervising physician, however I do not believe if that provider is the surgergeon that you could also bill assist services under the same physician.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join