the code is for 3 mg which equals 0.5 cc of Betamethasone/Celestone. My md typically injects 15 mg or 2.5 cc in the larger joints so then I would charge J0702 x 5. I try to get them to list MG instead of CC but doesn't always work. Had to check the medication bottles to find out the formula.
and for J3301 1 cc equals 40 mg for Kenalog. Just in case you need to know that as well.
Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join