No they cannot flatly charge everyone who is a self pay at a level 99213 for a sick visit. The documentation drives the e/m charge. Are you a certified coder?? I would call this office and inform them you know that the level of this visit is drawn from the drs documentation in the medical record and not driven by the insurance or lack thereof. Just my opinion but i have never heard of such a thing! Good luck
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join