Can someone help me answer this physician's question?

"There was a patient that was initially admitted to acute rehab under Dr. A. Dr. A did an H&P for the admission. The patient's family later request to switch attending physician to me. So I did a initial evaluation on the patient as if he is a admission to me. Do I use inpatient care admission codes (99221 ~ 99223) or use consultation codes (99251 ~ 99255) or subsequent inpatient care (99231 ~ 99233) for the initial evaluation?"

Thank you,