I work for a large Insurance carrier and I just ran those 2 codes through our system and we allow them both, no modifiers. You shouldn't need a "59" since they technically aren't a separate site. (And that is a last resort modifier) I can't think of any other appropriate mods to bill for this scenario and my suggestion would be to contact your Provider Rep for the carrier that is denying the claims and ask what the edit is that is denying this combo.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join