Sorry, but this is global to the original surgery (I'm guessing CPT 49610 ... or in that neighborhood).
You CAN code when you do the final closure, but all those returns to the OR for silo reduction are considered global to the main procedure.
Hope that helps.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
Pediatric General Surgery
Medical College of Wisconsin
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join