I normally don't work on OB-GYN but I am helping a co-worker out on a problem.
Patient was 17 weeks pregnant and had a Septic abortion. Patient delivered vaginal and baby had spontaneous respiration for less than a minute at birth with a heart rate of approx. 60 to 80 beats per minute.
Physician wants us to bill for delivery and PP care only.
Do I charge for both? Abortion only? Delivery only?
Thank you for your help in this matter!
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join