Results 1 to 2 of 2

DX help!!!!

  1. #1
    Default DX help!!!!
    Medical Coding Books
    Need help finding code for relationship issues? I found 313.3 but not sure if can use this because my patient is not a child or adolescence.
    or v61.10

    Thanks for the help
    Last edited by perkins05; 02-18-2011 at 09:16 AM.

  2. #2
    Columbia, MO
    If this is a counseling encounter for relationship issues yes use the V61.1. The 313 code is in the chapter for mental diseases and disorders so I would not use that code unless specifically indicated in the documentation.

    Debra A. Mitchell, MSPH, CPC-H

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Enjoying Our Forums?

AAPC forums are a benefit of membership. Joining AAPC grants you unlimited access, allowing you to post questions and participate with our community of over 150,000 professionals.

Join Now Continue Reading Without Full Access

Already a Member?


Close Message

In addition to full participation on AAPC forums, as a member you will be able to:

  • Access to the largest healthcare job database in the world.
  • Join over 150,000 members of the healthcare network in the world.
  • Be a part of an industry leading organization that drives the business side of healthcare.
  • Save anywhere from 10%-50% with exclusive member discounts on courses, books, study materials, and conferences.
  • Access to discounts at hundreds of restaurants, travel destinations, retail stores, and service providers. AAPC members also have opportunities to save on heath, life, and liability insurance.
  • Become a member of a local chapter and attend regular meetings.