I am hoping to get some clarification. I have just started to help someone out that works for a GI physician. I work with Int. Medicine and a provider is thinking of bringing on the medical equipment to perform destruction of hemorrhoids (46930).
The question or debate that is happening is as follows:
The CPT guidelines indicate 46930, destruction of hemorrhoid(s)... would this include 1 or more or would you bill 46930-#qty?
The other question is that when they are billing the 46600 and billing the 46930 at the same time is this accurate and is there a modifier?
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join