My interpretation is 00300 makes sense for implanation because of the work involved for placement of the IPG (63685). I also use 00300 for Intrathecal drug delivery systems implants if they are placing the resevoir posteriorly.
I use 01936 for SCS trials, RFA procedures, Vertebroplasty, Percutaneous Discectomy, and Lysis of epidural adhesions
I use 01992 for epidurals single shot or continous...interlaminar or transforaminal and facet blocks
NCCI recognizes 01936 as a column two code to column one code 63650for the edit involving the physician performing the procedure can not also perform the anesthesia. Looking up the pain code in the NCCI edit and seeing which anesthesia codes for the same provider they bundle is kind of different way of looking at what anesthesia codes that might correspond to pain blocks that are not typically listed in Anesthesia crosscoders.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join