If the Anesthesiologist inserts the TEE probe and does the image interpertation you can use 93312.
If he/she only inserts the TEE probe you can only use 93313.
If you can use 93312, they should dictate a note. Watch for Color Flow Dopple and Pulse Wave. they are 2 add on codes you can use.
Watch for modifiers, if they are using the hospital's equipment use the -26 modifier along with the -59.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join