The AAPC offers "project extern" to help you find some extern experience. I'd recommend contacting them to see if they can assist you there.
Secondly, have you tried applying for other office positions, such as the front desk? A lot of people have to start there, then move up as positions become available, a lot of times billing positions are filled within when they have someone who's qualified. That way you get your foot in the door and can prove how much you do know.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join