This may better be understand with this illustration: If you do an enteroscopy, you would bill for the enteroscopy beyond D2 (fanily code 44360) as the most extensive service and not bill for the esophagoscopy and EGD. Similarly, if a colonoscopy is performed,you would bill for the colonoscopy as the most extensive service (family code 45378) and not bill for the proctoscopy and sigmoidoscopy. Multiple services within the most extensive service may be billed, according to NCCI guidelines. (e.g. colonoscopy with biopsy in the sigmoid colon and snare polypectomy at the TI billed as 45385, 45380-59)
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join