I don't actually have an answer to your question but I'm glad you posted this. I have a question for you about these procedures. Our CT surgeons and cardiologists have been doing this procedure as well. Like you, we've billed with the unlisted code, however, we've billed these as co-surgeries.
The new Category III codes do not allow for co-surgeons (they do allow for assistant surgeons if the documentation supports the need for one). My surgeon insists that this procedure is a collaborative effort between the 2 specialties and he is thinking about approaching our Medicare medical director regarding this issue.
May I ask, how are you billing for this? As for the fee, I will have to get back to you. I have 7 procedures from January I still need to bill but first we need to settle this issue.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join