Our outpatient coding staff is new to billing outpatient infusion and we are confused on when to bill normal saline. Normal saline J codes are listed for us when running with therapeutic drugs and chemo and also on our drug charge sheet(being used to mix dry drugs to liquid in the pharmacy).
My understanding is that we can only bill for the actual infusion of normal saline when it is infused at prescribed rate/volume/time??
When can we bill for the actual product ie. J7040/J7050?
Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join