Per the excludes comment following category 724 in ICD book, you would only be able to report codes in this category is they were NOT due to code ranges 733.00-733.09, 722.0-722.9 or 721.0-721.9.
Example, if the patient has low back pain due to lumbar spondylosis w/out myelopathy, you would only report the 721.3 code and would not separately report the 724.2. However, if the documentation specifically states the patient's low back pain is not due to the spondylosis but the symptom is due to an unknown reason, etc., then you could separately the lumbago in addition to the spondylosis code.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join