I would still code 64445 because a sciatic nerve injection is also called a popliteal block the difference is the point location of the injection; the description of the 64445 indicates that The physician anesthetizes the sciatic nerve with a single injection to provide anesthesia and pain control for the distal lower extremity; does not specify that the approach have to be from the hip to be a sciatic nerve injection.
In the other hand I think 64450 would work just fine as well.
Hope this helps!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join