Ok, look at it this way, chronic IS recurrent but recurrent isn't necessarily always chronic. However, if it is stated as recurrent, it's definitely not stated as acute. This is especially true for diagnoses whose default codes do not include acute, but rather have a seperate listings for the acute phases. I know that may sound confusing. Lol.
Maybe someone else will be able to come up with a more coherent explanation. I'm having a rough morning!
ANYWAY, since your dx is "recurrent right maxillary AND ethmoid sinusitis", I would go with code 473.8.
Hope this is of some assistance!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join