you can bill them both on the same day unless your contract has specific languag about the per diem codes. the S9500 does not cover the 8 hour infusion because you are billing for a totally different infusion kit and/or supplies.
typically, the first per diem is paid at 100% of contracted rate, and each additional is paid at 1/3 or 1/2.
again, it is not "wrong" to bill more than one per diem code on the same day but your contract may have language that limits how they will pay for more than one per diem code.
check out NHIA webite
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join