All are coming back denied? I could understand some payers picking up the tax ID as the surgeon. Make sure to send a W-9 with thte first few claims filed just to give the payer a heads up the anesthesiologist is working under this tax ID.
Make sure you are billing time units + base units, and the ASA code with the AA modifier, not just the cpt code w/ an AA. Other wise I would call the insurance to delve deeper into the issue.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join