I always ask the provider this question, "If you didn't do what you did when you did it, would the patient have been in imminent danger of losing life, limb or organ system?
If his answer is yes, then does the documentation describe what the provider did to stablize the patient? And lastly did he document how must time he spend providing critical care? Since Critical Care codes are time-based codes. He must doument how much time he spent providing critical care services. I didn't see where that was documented. So in my opinion this note does not qualify for critical care. Hope this helps
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join