post partum uterine hemorrhage repair

Default post partum uterine hemorrhage repair
    Exam Training Packages
    The patient developed uterine bleeding the day after a c-section and was taken back to the operating room for surgical repair. My boss and I settled on 58520. I still am not comfortable with that as it states "non-obstetrical". Is there any body with another suggestion?

2. Default 59350 (pregnancy related)
    Quote Originally Posted by jgossett View Post
    The patient developed uterine bleeding the day after a c-section and was taken back to the operating room for surgical repair. My boss and I settled on 58520. I still am not comfortable with that as it states "non-obstetrical". Is there any body with another suggestion?

Management of surgical complications & problems "of pregnancy" (repair- ruptured uterus) is reported with 59350 per CPT assistant
    58520 choice is NOT applicable to the stated obstetric scenario.
    Last edited by msrd_081002; 02-26-2011 at 09:57 AM.
    Thanks

3. Default
    What was the diagnosis code documented by your physician. Could you post the OP notes of the return to OT procedure?
    Because not all post CS uterine bleeding has to go for hysterrography necessarily on the following day. well was there a document saying there was a wound gap/repair of the uterine wound done.
    But with the info you provided, what msrd says is appropriate.

Default True Blue
    The notes are long gone out of my reach now or I would post them for you. Thanks so much for the response though.